For the latest information about Canada, go to Connect2Canada.com, a new website for Canadians living in the United States. Click on the C2C link above to find out more and to sign up for Connect2Canada's e-newsletter.
This website is hosted by the Western Pennsylvania Canada Forum, a group of leaders in the Canadian-American community assembled to support and advise Roger O. Cranville in his efforts as Canada's Honorary Consul in Western Pennsylvania.
Join The Western Pennsylvania Canada Network
The Western Pennsylvania Canada Network is a group of Canadians and Friends of Canada living in the Greater Pittsburgh region. By joining the mailing list, you can:
- Celebrate and strengthen the important relationships between Western Pennsylvania & Canada
- Participate in Special Events
- Network with other Canadians and Friends of Canada
For more information, contact Roger Cranville, Honorary Consul for Canada in Western Pennsylvania, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trade Figures Solidify Canada's Role As State's
Top Trade Partner
Recent trade figures show that Canada remained by far the largest customer for Pennsylvania exports in 2007, with more than $9.2 billion worth of goods shipped north of the border during the year.
Exports from Pennsylvania to Canada exceeded shipments to the next seven countries combined – Mexico, China, Japan, Belgium, United Kingdom, Germany and The Netherlands.
Some other recent trade facts:
- 295,250 Pennsylvania jobs are supported by Canada–U.S. trade
- Canada buys more than a third of Pennsylvania’s exports
- Canadians made more than 696,900 visits to the state, spending $118 million
- Pennsylvania residents made more than 597,600 visits to Canada, spending $284 million.
International Networking Event - Thursday Feb. 7, 2013
Join us and the folks at GlobalPittsburgh for an International Networking Event on Thursday Feb. 7, 2013 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at AVA Lounge 126 S. Highland Ave. in East Liberty. Bring your friends!
We'll be serving light snacks, and there will be a cash bar. For more information, go to www.globalpittsburgh.org.